Meletoglou broke the Greek record for the triple jump on August 8, 1997, in Athens, with 17.12m. The former record (17.04m) had stood since September 20, 1981 when it was set by Dimitris Michas, the first Greek to break the 17m barrier.
Among his accomplishments were:
- A gold medal in the Mediterranean Games of 2005
- A silver medal in the Mediterranean Games of 1997
- A silver medal in the Balkan Games of 1994
- A silver medal in the Balkan Games of 1999
- A bronze medal in the Balkan Games of 1996
Meletoglou retired from competition after the European Games in Goteborg, Sweden in 2006.