Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 306: Constantine the Great is proclaimed emperor upon the death of his father, Constantius Chloros.
- 1261: Michael VIII Palaeologus captures Constantinople from the Latins and reinstates the Byzantine Empire.
- 1920: The Greeks take Edirne during the first Greek offensive of the Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922)
- 1947: The Democratic Army of Greece is repelled by national forces at Grevena.
- 1963: Panathinaikos footballer, Panikos Shailos, is killed in an automobile accident in Athens. His passenger, Kostas Linoxylakis, survives.
- 1964: Giorgos Marsellos breaks the Greek record in the 110m hurdles with 14.1
- 1831: Gregorios Maraslis, national benefactor
- 1981: Kostas Charalambidis, Cypriot footballer
- 1984: Loukas Mavrokefalidis, basketball player