Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 451: The Fourth Ecumenical Council concludes its work with a condemnation of Monophysitism.
- 1891: The Athens Stock Exchange moves to Pesmatzoglou Street no. 1.
- 1903: The theatrical play of The Oresteia by Aeschylus is performed for the first time translated in the dimotiki language. The events brings an uproar within "insulted" art circles. Fight scenes errupt resulting at the death of two people and the injury of seven others.
- 1940: Lieutenant Alexandros Diakos becomes the first Greek Army officer to die in World War II.
- 1945: Panagiotis Kanellopoulos forms a government.
- 1948: Archbishop Athenagoras is elected Ecumenical Patriarch.
- 1962: Greece becomes an associate member of the European Common Market.
- 1988: Charges are brought against George Koskotas for illegal transactions with Merrill Lynch.