Jump to navigation Jump to search
- April 18: Bulgarian agents detonate bombs in Thessaloniki.
- July 20: Bulgarian nationalists revolt in Macedonia. This revolt would go down in history as the "Elias Day" ("Ili Den") revolt as it took place on the feast day of the Prophet Elias.
- August 11: A major earthquake (7.2 on the Richter scale) strikes Kythera and neighbouring Laconia, causing much damage and several fatalities.
- November 8: University students riot in Athens in protest of the play "Orestias" being performed in modern Greek. Three students will be killed by the Police.
- April 27: Nikolaos Zachariadis, Communist leader
- July 1: Argyris Karayiannis, athlete (pole vault).
- July 27: Michail Stasinopoulos, politician, President of Greece
- December 10: Marton Bukovi, football coach.
- Giorgos Andrianopoulos, football player, Mayor of Piraeus
- Dimitris Gogos, rebetiko composer
- Dora Stratou choreographer
- Solon G. Vlasto, Greek-American newspaper publisher
- Costas Moussouris, actor, director
- George Zongolopoulos, sculptor