Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 480 BC: The Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Artemisium take place during the Greco-Persian Wars.
- 1875: King George I announces that henceforth no one will be named as Greek Prime Minister unless he has the confidence of Parliament.
- 1903: A major earthquake (7.5 on the Richter scale) rocks the island of Kythira.
- 1904: A strong earthquake (6.8 on the Richter scale) strikes Samos causing four fatalities.
- 1944: The Greek 3rd mountain brigade lands in Taranto, Italy.
- 1996: Tasos Isaak is clubbed to death by Turks in Derynia, Cyprus.
- 1996: Muslim Albanians vandalise the Orthodox church of St Michael, in Moschopolis, southern Albania.
- 2005: Flooding occurs in the northeastern part of Evros prefecture, between Orestiada and Didymoteicho.
- 2010: Greece play their first match under Fernando Santos: a 1-0 away win against Serbia.
- 2012: Alexandros Papamichail breaks the Greek record in the 50 km Race walking event with a time of 3:49.56.