Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1952: Alexandros Papagos is sworn in as Prime Minister after winning elections with his Greek Rally political party.
- 1958: After refusing to surrender, EOKA fighter Kyriakos Matsis is killed in Dikomo, Cyprus by the British.
- 1958: The first game on grass in Leoforos Alexandras Stadium (later renamed to Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium) is a friendly between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. Olympiakos wins with a goal by Elias Yfantis and a 1-0 score.
- 1999: US President, Bill Clinton, visits Greece.
- 1950: Dimitris Pierrakos is buried with honours in Athens. The Panathinaikos footballer had been killed in the Battle of Pogradec during WW II.
- 2013: Greece qualify for the finals of the 2014 World Cup after a 1-1 draw against Romania in Bucharest. The first leg in Greece had ended 3-1.