Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1430: Ioannina surrenders to the Turks.
- 1831: Ioannis Kapodistrias is assassinated outside St Spyridon church in Nafplio.
- 1912: The Battle of Sarantaporo takes place during the First Balkan War.
- 1923: 5,000 mostly Greek-owned businesses are shut down in Constantinople.
- 1931: Salaries of Public employees are slashed between 4% and 6%.
- 2002: An EU committee decides that Cyprus and nine other - mostly Eastern European - countries should be accepted into the European Union.