Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1843: King Otto is forced to grant the Greek people a constitution after an uprising led by General Ioannis Makriyiannis.
- 1948: Marshall Tito shuts down the training camps of the Democratic Army of Greece in Yugoslavia.
- 1974: The Panhellenic Socialist Movement (PASOK) is established.
- 2006: Greece are defeated by Spain 70-47 in the final of the World Basketball Championship in Japan.
- 1851: Queen Olga
- 1926: Irene Papas, actress
- 1942: Giorgos Lianis, former Deputy Minister for Athletics
- 1948: Fotis Kouvelis, politician
- 1950: Anthimos Kapsis, footballer
- 1978: Kostas Karafotis, singer
- 1620: Timothy II, Patriarch of Constantinople
- 1859: Karl von Abel, Bavarian regent of King Otto
- 1983: Ellie Lambeti, actress
- 2004: Eleni Zafiriou, actress