- 1827: Asimo Lidoriki-Goura, widow of Yiannis Gouras and commander of the Acropolis defence, is killed when a Turkish bomb brings down the roof of the Erechtheum.
- 1931: Tobacco factory workers protest in Piraeus because women were hired at their factory.
- 1940: The Metaxas government considers a "statement of repent" to be sufficient for the release of any communist held in prison.
- 1970: A Greek military airplane crashes on Mount Cithaeron. 23 dead.
- 2007: The U.S. Embassy in Athens was hit by a rocket in an attack that anonymous callers claimed was staged by a left-wing group. Police said the attack was carried out by a domestic terror group. There were no casualties.
- 2009: Greek shipowner, Pericles Panagopoulos, is kidnapped by three armed men on his way to work in the plush seaside Athens suburb of Kavouri
- 1872: Spiros Loues, 1896 Olympic Marathon winner.
- 1936: Jenny Karezi, actress.
- 1960: Giorgos Togias, footballer.
- 1982: Dimitris Tsiamis, athlete (triple jump)