- 1910: Eleftherios Venizelos and his Liberal Party won 307 out of 362 seats in Parliament in a landslide victory.
- 1922: Five members of the Laiko Party - Dimitrios Gounaris, Nikolaos Stratos, Petros Protopapadakis, Nikolaos Theotokis, Georgios Baltatzis - as well as General Georgios Hadjanestis, were executed at Goudi, Athens, for their role in the Asia Minor disaster.
- 1955: EOKA member, Andreas Dimitriou, shot and injured a British Intelligence agent named Taylor. For the assault, Dimitriou would become, along with Michalis Karaolis, one of the first two Cypriots hanged by the British during the EOKA struggle.
- 2002: The European Court of Human Rights awarded a 13.7 million euro (4.6 billion drachmas) monetary compensation to the former King Constantine II and ruled against the Greek government for the seizure of the royal property.
- Births: Anastasia Kelesidou, athlete (1972)
- Deaths: Patriarch Constantine VI of Constantinople (1930)
Recent days: November 27 - November 26
Births - Deaths - Namesday
Welcome to the Phantis Wiki, the free content resource with the goal of collecting and disseminating information on everything and anything Greek, from Greece and all over the world.
The Phantis Wiki is open for everybody to participate, edit and contribute information. In this English version - started in August 2005 and released to the public October 27, 2005 - we are currently working on 7,722 articles.
The Phantis Wiki is, by definition, a collaborative web site comprised of the perpetual collective work of many authors. A wiki allows anyone, using a web browser, to edit, delete or modify content that has been placed on the web site including the work of other authors. To test it and practice editing visit our sandbox.
This service is brought to you by Phantis.