- 1940: The Greek army, on the offensive against the Italians, liberates Argyrokastro. The Times of New York write that Greeks forced the powers of Axis to be defeated for the first time since the beginning of the WWII.
- 1943: German occupation troops execute 36 Greeks at Kerpini, Achaea prefecture.
- 1966: The ferry "Heraklion" sinks off the Aegean island of Falkonera killing 217 passengers.
- 1969: An Olympic Airways Douglas DC-6 crashes near Keratea, Athens, Greece. All 90 passengers and crew (85 passengers and 5 crew members) perish.
- 1974: In a democratic referendum held, 69.2% of Greek people confirmed the monarchy's abolition.
- 2005: Basketball super-star Nikos Galis weds Eleni Panagiotou.
- 1976: AEK advance to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup, on away goals, despite a 3-1 loss to Red Star Belgrade.
- 2009: APOEL come away with a 2-2 Champions' League draw at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea. It was the first time, all season long, that Chelsea had failed to win at home and the first goals they conceded since last August!