- January 2: A Greek, Giorgos Flamouridis, hijacks an Olympic Airways DC-6Β, forcing the pilot to take the aircraft to Cairo.
- January 31: The Central Committee of the Communist Party of Greece purges Antonis Brillakis and Babis Drakopoulos.
- February 5: Glafkos Clerides announces the formation of a new conservative party in Cyprus the United Nationalist Alignment (Eniaio) Party.
- February 18: The Junta's Minister of the Interior, Stylianos Pattakos, rules out the possibility of municipal elections in the near future.
- February 23: ex-King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia dies in Greece where he had been living since he was ousted by his brother Faisal.
- May 30: The first Greek policewomen go on duty.
- June 6: Alekos Panagoulis escapes from Bogiati prison.
- June 25: Greece win the 24th CISM football championship as their opponents in the final - Algeria - walk off the pitch in the 80th minute.
- June 27: Michail Stasinopoulos is forced by the Junta to resign his position as President of the Council of the State. After the restoration of democracy, Stasinopoulos will serve as President of Greece.
- July 31: The Greek state starts to issue pensions for distinguished retired writers and actors.
- August 16: A Greek couple - Dr. Vasilis Tsironis and his wife - hijack an Olympic Airways DC-3, forcing the pilot to land in Vlore, Albania.
- October 15 - The Greek television covers for the first time a football match held in Greece. The National Football Team beat Switzerland 4-1 for the World Cup qualifying round. Giorgos Koudas, Vasilis Botinos (2) and Giorgos Sideris score the goals.
- November 27: Two Jordanians attack the offices of El Al in Athens with hand grenades, killing a Greek boy, Giorgos Nastos.
- December 5: A pacemaker is implanted for the first time in a heart patient in Greece.
- December 8: An Olympic Airways Douglas DC-6 crashes near Keratea, Athens. All 90 passengers and crew (85 passengers and 5 crew members) perish.
- December 15: Two German serial killers - Hermann Duft and Hans Bassenauer - are executed, by firing squad, for the murder of six Greeks.
- December 21: OFI defeat PAOK 3-1 for the Greek soccer league. All 4 goals are scored with headers
- December 21: Three Arabs unsuccessfully attempt to hijack a TWA plane in Athens.
- October 20: Lambros Papakostas, athlete (high jump)
- October 29: Giorgos Donis, football player and coach.
- October 29: Eleni Menegaki, actress, talk-show presenter