Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1831: Augustinos Kapodistrias is named President of the government of Greece.
- 1912: Greece uses for the first time airplanes to drop bombs at Bizani
- 1920: A referendum is held for the return of King Constantine I to Greece as a monarch.
- 1923: A powerful earthquake (6.4 on the Richter scale) strikes Chalkidiki prefecture and the surrounding area.
- 1940: Colonel Mardohaios Frizis (Μαρδοχαίος Φριζής), a Greek Jew , is killed near Premeti during the Greek-Italian confrontation. He is the first high ranking officer to fall in battle in World War II.
- 1969: A pacemaker is implanted for the first time in a heart patient in Greece.
- 1981: Adultery is decriminalized. Article 357 of the Penal Code that called for imprisonment as a penalty for adultery is revoked.
- 1940: Colonel Mardohaios Frizis, first high ranking officer to fall in battle in World War II.
- 2016: Petros Fyssoun, actor