- March 9: Panaitolikos is founded.
- March 15: Pavlos Kountouriotis resigns the Presidency of Greece to protest the excesses of the Theodoros Pangalos regime.
- March 18: A powerful earthquake (6.9 on the Richter scale) strikes Castellorizo and the surrounding area.
- March 20: The Athens Academy is founded.
- March 31: The law prohibiting short skirts is abolished in Greece.
- April 20: PAOK is founded in Thessaloniki.
- April 30: Education of all children between 6 and 14 years of age becomes mandatory in Greece.
- August 15: The Communist Party of Cyprus is founded.
- August 23: A military movement by Gen. Georgios Kondilis brings down the Pangalos dictatorship.
- August 24: Pavlos Kountouriotis is restored to the Presidency of Greece following the ouster of Theodoros Pangalos.
- August 30: A major earthquake (7.2 on the Richter scale) strikes Sparta and the surrounding area.
- November 7: Elections are held in Greece following the ouster of Theodoros Pangalos.
- November 8: APOEL FC is founded, in a Lefkosia patisserie, by a group of 40 sports-minded Cypriots.
- November 14: The Hellenic Football Federation (EPO) is founded by the local associations of Athens, Piraeus and Macedonia.
- March 12: Giorgos Darivas, Olympiakos striker in the 1950s.
- March 19: Athina Mary Livanos, heiress, wife of Aristotle Onassis and Stavros Niarchos
- March 29: Kostas Virvos, songwriter.
- April 3: Alex Grammas, Greek-American baseball player and coach
- April 12: Themis Cholevas, basketball player.
- April 13: Ellie Lambeti, actress.
- Date Unknown: Thanasis Veggos