Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 382: Byzantine emperor, Theodosius I, signs a treaty allowing Goths to settle in his empire along the Danube.
- 1878: The Treaty of Halepa is signed between the Ottoman Empire and Cretan rebels granting Crete partial autonomy.
- 1912: Turkey rejects the ultimatum presented by Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria. The First Balkan War begins.
- 1915: Greek PM Alexandros Zaimis rejects the British proposal to enter World War I for Cyprus as a reward.
- 1926: The first International Fair of Thessaloniki commences.
- 1931: Turkish PM Ismet Inonu visits Athens.
- 1943: 82 Greeks are executed by the German occupation forces in Epirus.
- 1944: German troops retreating from Peloponnesus blow up the bridge over the Isthmus of Corinth.
- 1955: Sir John Harding is made military governor of Cyprus.
- 1966: The Grigoris Lambrakis trial commences.
- 2007: Olympiakos achieve their first away win in the Champions League: A 3-1 triumph over Werder Bremen.
- 2022: AEK inaugurate their new OPAP Arena home with a 4-1 victory over Ionikos.