Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 11: A strong earthquake, measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale, rattles Cyprus.
- January 19: Greece receives the first six Rafale fighter jets from France.
- January 24: Snowstorm Elpida sweeps across much of Greece leaving many motorists stranded.
- February 18: 280 passengers and crew members are rescued from the ferry boat "Euroferry Olympia" which went up in flames just off the coast of Kerkyra.
- February 24: Isreali president Yitzhak Herzog visits Greece and has talks with his Greek counterpart Katerina Sakellaropoulou.
- March 13: PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis meets Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in Istanbul, in a relaxed atmosphere.
- March 18: Greek long jumper Miltos Tentoglou wins gold at the indoor world championships in Belgrade. His 8.55m jump is a new Greek indoor record.
- April 22: Standard & Poor’s upgrades Greece’s credit rating from ‘BB’ to ‘BB+’ with a positive outlook.
- May 16: PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis visits Washington and meets with US President Joe Biden.
- May 17: PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis addresses a joint session of the US Congress - the first Greek leader to ever do so.
- May 27: Iran seizes two Greek tankers in the Persian Gulf.
- February 3: Christos Sartzetakis, former president of Greece.
- February 16: Vasilis Botinos, footballer
- February 25: Dimitris Tsovolas, politician, cabinet minister
- May 1: Ivica Osim, former coach of Panathinaikos FC.
- May 17: Vangelis Papathanasiou, musician and composer