Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1907: Marinos Antypas, an advocate of agrarian reform, is assassinated in Thessaly.
- 1941: Kathimerini publisher, Georgios Vlachos, prints his famous "open letter to Hitler".
- 1950: Greece becomes a member of CISM.
- 1970: An attempt against the life of Archbishop Makarios III fails as his seriously wounded helicopter pilot manages to land the craft despite his injuries.
- 1995: Kostis Stephanopoulos is elected President of Greece on the third ballot.
- 2008: A train derailed near Larisa causing injuries to 23 persons.
- 2010: The remains of Cypriot president Tassos Papadopoulos, which were stolen on December 11, 2009, are found by the police after an anonymous tip.
- 1972: AEK are eliminated from the Greek Football Cup by Lamia FC 1-0
- 2014: Kostas Filippidis wins the gold medal in the pole vault, with 5.80m, at the World Indoor Championships in Sopot, Poland.
- 1849: Georgios Vizyinos, writer
- 1863: Georgios Christakis-Zografos, head of the provisional government of Northern Epirus.
- 1907: Constantine Karamanlis, Greek politician
- 1946: Yiannis Parios, singer
- 1948: Popi Asteriadi, singer
- 1954: Juan Ramon Rocha, footballer
- 1963: Juan Gilberto Funes, played for Olympiakos in the late 1980s.
- 1975: Peggy Zina, singer