- February 21: Aristides Moraitinis forms a government.
- February 24: Zinovios Valvis forms a government.
- March 18: The Second National Assembly of Greece offers the throne to Prince Christian William Ferdinand Adolph George of Denmark.
- June 18: The "June Events" take place in Athens between opposing political factions ("Mountain Men" and "Plains Men"). 200 will die as a result of these clashes.
- July 1: France, Britain and Russia sign an agreement with Denmark concerning the election of Prince George as King of Greece.
- July 9: Reform-minded clergymen and laics have Ecumenical Patriarch Joachim II removed from office.
- October 17: Prince George of Denmark arrives in Piraeus. He will reign on the throne of Greece for the next 50 years.
- October 19: Prince George of Denmark is sworn in as King of Greece.