- 1825: 15,000 Egyptian troops under Ibrahim Pasha land in Rumeli to aid in the siege of Messolonghi.
- 1901: Violence errupts in downtown Athens, on the occasion of a release of The Bible translated in dimotiki by Alexander Pallis. These disturbances went down in history as "Ta Evangelika"
- 1961: Torrential rains cause floodings in Athens and the suburbs. 40 dead and thousands of flood victims.
- 2006: Chrysostomos II is elected Archbishop of Cyprus
- 1960: Panathinaikos plays his first offical European competitive football game against the Czechoslovakian team of Spartak Hradec Kralove for the European Champions Cup and loses 1-0.
- 1974: Olympiakos humble Anderlecht 3-0 in the 2nd Leg of their European Champions' Cup matchup. Hungarian referee Palotay disallows two other goals by Olympiakos who are thus eliminated.
- 1999: Yiannis Ioannidis wins his 400th game as a coach in the Greek A1 Division as Olympiakos defeat Peristeri 77-57.
- 1936: Michalis Georgalas, EOKA fighter
- 1946: Romain Argyroudis, footballer
- 1958: Evanthia Reboutsika, musician, composer