- 1 Events
- 2 Births
- 3 Deaths
- February 18: The Greek Parliament approves the country's entry into NATO
- February 29: Greece, thanks to a Giorgos Darivas hat trick, defeat Turkey 3-1 at Leoforos Alexandras Stadium.
- March 1: Nikos Beloyiannis is sentenced to death by a military tribunal.
- March 9: An earthquake, registering 5.4 on the Richter scale, strikes Kefalonia.
- March 23: Greece defeat Belgium 3-2 to win the 7th CISM football championship.
- March 30: Communist official Nikos Beloyiannis and three companions are executed at Goudi despite the public outcry.
- April 2: Maria Callas debuts in La Scala, Milan.
- April 27: the Cypriot National Assembly ratifies the union of Greece and Cyprus.
- May 4: Rigas Efsthathiadis breaks the Greeks record in the pole vault with 4.055m.
- May 8: Pro-Enosis demonstrations take place in Athens.
- May 11: Rigas Efsthathiadis breaks the Greeks record in the pole vault with 4.17m.
- May 15: The School of Dentristry is established at the University of Athens, despite the objections of the Medical School professors.
- May 28: The Greek Parliament votes to grant women equal political rights.
- June 8: 400 Greek troops depart for Korea.
- June 15: Rigas Efsthathiadis breaks the Greeks record in the pole vault with 4.21m.
- July 3: Denmark defeat Greece 2-1 in Tampere, Finland. The man of the match was goalkeeper, Nikos Pentzaropoulos, who played the game of his life to keep the score close.
- August 1: The Battleship Georgios Averof is decommissioned.
- August 7: Greek forces take Hill 167 near the Imjin River during the Korean War.
- October 5: An earthquake registering 5.1 on the Richter scale strikes Kefalonia.
- October 21: Speaking at a meeting of the Communist Party of the USSR, Nikolaos Zachariadis proclaims that "Papagos and Plastiras are no different. All dogs are the same".
- November 7: An outpouring of support for Alexandros Papagos is shown at a public rally, as the Greeks turn to his Greek Rally party
- November 16: The Greek Rally Party of Field Marshall Alexandros Papagos triumphs in the general elections, winning nearly 80% of the seats in the Hellenic Parliament.
- November 19: Alexandros Papagos is sworn in as Prime Minister after winning elections with his Greek Rally political party.
- November 20: The house of writer Alexandros Papadiamantis in Skiathos becomes a museum.
- December 17: A major earthquake (7.0 on the Richter scale) strikes the island of Crete.
- December 21: Eleni Skoura is appointed by the Greek Rally party of Alexandros Papagos to stand in the January 1953 repeat elections. She will become the first woman MP in Greek history.
- March 16: Apostolos Kathiniotis, athlete (long jump, triple jump)
- March 17: Nikos Xydakis, composer.
- June 6: Andreas Mikroutsikos, singer/songwriter
- June 16: Giorgos Papandreou, PASOK chairman
- June 27: Stefanos Tamvakis, President of the SAE.
- October 8: Takis Koroneos, basketball player
- October 25: Yiannis Kyrastas, football player and coach
- November 5: Oleg Blokhin, coach of various Greek football clubs.
- November 14: Dimitra Galani, singer
- Maria Damanaki, politician