Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1822: The first siege of Messolonghi commences.
- 1880: Alexandros Koumoundouros forms a government.
- 1920: King Alexander of Greece succumbs to his wounds of September 30.
- 1922: An order is issued for a special military court to convene and pass judgement against those deemed responsible for the Asia Minor disaster.
- 1925: Municipal elections are held throughout Greece.
- 1931: Emmanouil Tsouderos is appointed director of the Bank of Greece.
- 1959: The Greek Football A Division championship league is officially born. In its first match, played at 10:00 am, Proodeftiki defeat Apollon Kalamaria 1-0.
- 1997: Patra is ravaged by torrential rains and floods.