Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1876: The Athens Stock Market is founded.
- 1912: Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria issue an ultimatum to the High Porte prior to the First Balkan War.
- 1920: King Alexander of Greece is bitten in the left leg by a monkey in the royal gardens. The bite will prove fatal.
- 1943: 10 Greeks are executed in Patra by the Nazis.
- 1988: PM Andreas Papandreou undergoes open-heart surgery in London.
- 1964: Panathinaikos become the first club from Greece to advance into the second round of the European Cup of Champions as they defeat Glentoran 3-2 thanks to a Kostas Papoutsakis header late in the game.
- 1997: PAOK eliminate Arsenal after a 1-1 draw in Highbury (first match 1-0 to PAOK).
- 2000: Mirela Manjani wins silver in the javelin throw at the Sydney Olympiad.