Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1897: The decision to establish SEGAS is published by the government.
- 1921: Crown Prince George of Greece weds Princess Elisabeth of Romania.
- 1941: British troops occupy Kastellorizo.
- 1959: PM Constantine Karamanlis takes part in the ground-breaking ceremony for the Hilton Hotel in Athens.
- 1990: Despite opposition from the Church, divorce laws are reformed and the civil wedding ceremony is introduced in Cyprus.
- 1991: Aleka Papariga is elected Secretary General of the Communist Party of Greece.
- 1994: Greek-Australians demonstrate against FYROM's use of the name "Macedonia".
- 2013: Former Thessaloniki mayor, Vasilis Papageorgopoulos, is sentenced to life imprisonment for embezzlement of public money.
- 272: Constantine the Great, considered the founder of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1862: Anastasios Metaxas, restorer of Panathenaic Stadium.
- 1938: Evagoras Pallikaridis, EOKA fighter.