Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 610: Heraclius is crowned Byzantine emperor.
- 1915: Entente allies land in Thessaloniki.
- 1930: PM Eleftherios Venizelos declares the First Balkan Athletic Games open at the Kallimarmaro Stadium.
- 1933: PM Eleftherios Venizelos ends his 10-day good will visit to Turkey.
- 1986: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November launches a series of bomb attacks on offices of the Greek Taxation bureau.
- 1994: The US Senate unanimously adopts an Act to ascertain the fate of five US citizens missing since the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.
- 1995: The FYROM Parliament approves the removal of the Vergina Sun from their flag.