- 1827: The decree by which Ioannis Kapodistrias establishes a Military Academy in Nafplion is published.
- 1944: Three ELAS divisions attack EDES at their stronghold in Epirus.
- 1951: The Hellenic Parliament approves a new proposed Constitution for Greece. It will go into effect on January 2, 1952 and will be known as the 1952 Constitution.
- 1952: Eleni Skoura is appointed by the Greek Rally party of Alexandros Papagos to stand in the January 1953 elections. She will become the first woman MP in Greek history.
- 1959: The expedition of a permanent Greek force in Cyprus is decided. This force would come to be known as ELDYK
- 1963: The Cyprus crisis of 1963-1964 begins with a firefight in Nicosia that leaves one Greek Cypriot policeman and two Turkish Cypriot civilians dead.
- 1969: Three Arabs unsuccessfully attempt to hijack a TWA plane in Athens.
- 1969: OFI defeat PAOK 3-1 for the Greek soccer league. All 4 goals are scored with headers
- 1982: Nikos Nioplias makes his debut with OFI in a match against Apollon Athens
- 1818: Queen Amalia of Greece
- 1949: Nikolaos Sifounakis, politician
- 1976: Mirela Manjani, athlete (javelin thrower)