- January 26: Greek forces suffer their first casualties in the Korean War: 3 dead, 2 wounded, 1 missing in action at Hill 406 north of Inchon.
- April 1: The Greek Parliament approves the law giving women the right to vote.
- April 15: Conservatives win the mayoral elections in Athens, Thessaloniki and Piraeus.
- May 31: Right-wing officers belonging to IDEA stage an attempted coup which ends after the intervention of Gen Alexandros Papagos.
- August 1: The United Democratic Left (EDA) party is founded by leftists.
- August 16: Jason Zirganos swims across the English Channel in 14hrs 1min.
- September 9: Gen. Alexandros Papagos wins a small plurality (36.5%) in the general elections but is unable to form a government.
- September 20: NATO accepts Greece and Turkey as new members.
- November 1: Nikolaos Plastiras forms a government
- November 21: It is announced that the Prime Minister, general Nikolaos Plastiras, is seriously ill. Vice President Sophoklis Venizelos returns urgently from his official visit to the United States.
- December 21: The Hellenic Parliament approves a new proposed Constitution for Greece. It will go into effect on January 2, 1952 and will be known as the 1952 Constitution.