- 867: Ignatius I is restored as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1826: Big victory for Georgios Karaiskakis who was on the offensive against the Ottomans at Arachova during the War of Independence
- 1873: Former Patriarch Joachim II is recalled to the Ecumenical throne.
- 1976: An Olympic Airlines VS-11 plane crashes near Kozani with 46 passengers and a crew of four on board. There are no survivors.
- 1981: The monotonic system (μονοτονικό σύστημα) is implemented at schools around the country in place of the polytonic system (πολυτονικό σύστημα)
- 1985: An EgyptAir plane is hijacked after its departure from Ellinikon International Airport.
- 1988: George Koskotas is arrested in the USA.
- 1989: The political parties of PASOK, New Democracy and Synaspismos agree to support Xenophon Zolotas for Prime Minister at head of a non-party administration until fresh elections could be held.
- 1989: MEGA broadcasts the match between Olympiakos and Auxerre, marking the first time that a privately-owned TV channel in Greece has broadcast a live football game.
- 1999: Leonidas Sapanis wins two silver medals in the World Weightlifting championship held in the Peace and Friendship Stadium of Neo Faliro.
- 2004: In the match between Olympiakos and Deportivo La Coruna (1-0), Predrag Djordjevic breaks the record for most CL appearances by a "Greek" player (53) and most goals (nine).
- 2011: APOEL make history as they become the first Cypriot team to advance from the Group Stage of the Champions' League after a 0-0 draw in St Petersburg against Zenit. Olympiakos manage a 1-0 away win at Marseille to keep their qualification hopes alive.
- 1946: Giorgos Koudas, football player
- 1951: Maik Galakos, footballer
- 1953: Giorgos Hatzaras, football player and coach.
- 1955: Dinos Kouis, footballer