- 1828: Kitsos Tzavellas defeats the Turks at Ternova, Evritania, in Central Greece.
- 1862: King Otto is overthrown by a popular revolt.
- 1935: Georgios Kondilis overthrows the Tsaldaris government and seizes power in a coup d'etat.
- 1973: Spiro Agnew, Greek-American Vice-President of the United States, resigns.
- 1993: PASOK win the general elections in Greece with 46.88% of the vote.
- 1954: Fernando Santos, coach
- 1968: Marinos Ouzounidis, football player and coach
- 1983: Nikos Spyropoulos, footballer