- January 6: Ioannis Kapodistrias arrives in Nafplion; the British frigate "Warspite", at his disposal, carried him to Greece.
- April 14: The Tsar declares war on the Ottoman Empire due to the latter's refusal to accept autonomy for Greece.
- August 29: A French force of 16,000 men lands in Messenia to force Ibrahim Pasha out of Peloponnesus.
- October 1: Ibrahim Pasha capitulates to the Allied expedionary forces and withdraws from Greece
- October 10: Kitsos Tzavellas defeats the Turks at Ternova, Evritania, in Central Greece.
- November 5: Livadeia surrenders to Dimitrios Ypsilantis.
- November 17: Amfissa surrenders to Dimitrios Ypsilantis.
- November 23: Karpenisi is liberated during the Greek War of Independence.
- December 16: The first courts of modern Greece are established by Ioannis Kapodistrias.
- December 23: Ioannis Kapodistrias appoints Petrobey Mavromichalis, Georgios Kountouriotis, Spyridon Trikoupis and Andreas Zaimis to his cabinet.