Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 457: Leo I is crowned Byzantine emperor.
- 1828: Ioannis Kapodistrias is sworn in as Governor of Greece at Aegina.
- 1897: The decision to establish SEGAS is signed.
- 1922: The first issue of Athens daily "To Vima" (The Podium) is published. Among the newspapers' founders is Dimitrios Lambrakis.
- 1949: Nikolaos Zachariadis replaces Markos Vafiadis as head of the "Provisional Democratic Government".
- 1956: Student Petros Yiallouros, a member of ANE, is slain during a protest in Cyprus.
- 1966: Several high-ranking police officers are indicted in the Grigoris Lambrakis assassination trial.
- 1973: EOKA B' attack 20 police stations throughout Cyprus.
- 1981: The George Rallis government agrees to allow the burial of former Queen Frederika at the roysl cemetery of Tatoi.
- 2008: Metropolitan Hieronymus of Thebes is elected Archbishop of Athens and all Greece.
- 1991: President of the Greek Weightlifting Federation Giannis Sgouros brings Pyrros Dimas to Greece.
- 2000: The daily sports journal "Filathlos" (Φίλαθλος) is first published with Yiannis Tragas as the editor