- January 9: Talks begin in Geneva in an effort to reunify the island of Cyprus.
- January 11: The Greek-Cypriot and Turkish-Cypriot sides exchange maps, for the first time since 1976, proposing the territorial boundaries for each community in a reunified Cyprus.
- January 19: AEK FC name Manolo Jimenez as their new coach.
- January 26: The Supreme Court of Greece rules against extraditing eight Turkish officers who took part in an abortive attempt to overthrow Turkish president Erdogan.
- February 17: A Turkish gunboat violates the territorial waters of Greece and conducts shots with live ammunition near the islet of Farmakonisi in eastern Aegean Sea.
- February 23: APOEL defeat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 to advance into the next round of the Europa Cup. Olympiakos defeat Osmanlispor, in Ankara, 3-0 and also advance.
- February 26: The son of a multi-millionaire businessman crashes his speeding Porsche into a parked car, off the Athens-Lamia motorway, causing both vehicles to erupt in flames. A 33-year old mother and her 3-year old child in the parked car, along with the driver and a passenger in the Porsche, are killed.
- March 4: Katerina Stefanidi wins the gold medal in the women's pole vault, with 4.85m, at the European Indoor Championships of Belgrade.
- April 19: A Greek military helicopter crashes near Elassona resulting in the deaths of four officers.
- February 2: Miltos Papapostolou, footballer, coach
- February 2: Giorgos Petridis, footballer
- February 7: Loukianos Kilaidonis, composer, lyricist, singer