Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 933: Theophylactus is ordained Patriarch of Constantinople at age 16.
- 1924: The Greek education system is reformed and 6-year primary schools are established.
- 1937: Marika Kotopouli opens her new theatre in Athens city centre.
- 1945: Negotiations begin at Varkiza between the government of Nikolaos Plastiras and the leadership of EAM.
- 2006: The Greek government confirms that Greek Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis and several ministers had their mobile phones tapped for more than a year - begining before the Athens Olympics in 2004 and lasting until March 2005.
- 1782: Henri de Rigny, French admiral at the Battle of Navarino
- 1961: Eleni Mavrou, Mayor of Lefkosia, Cyprus.
- 1979: Fani Chalkia, athlete