- January 4: Eleftherios Venizelos returns to Greece after 38 months of exile.
- January 24: Eleftherios Venizelos forms a government.
- March 12: Alexandros Papanastasiou forms a government.
- March 17: Panagis Tsaldaris is elected leader of the Popular Party.
- March 23: The Greek Orthodox Church adopts the Gregorian Calendar. March 9 is followed by March 23
- April 10: The first Greek train robbery is recorded near Larisa.
- April 13: After a marathon meeting, refugees from Constantinople create a new football club - AEK.
- April 13: In a referendum, 70% of the Greek people vote to abolish the monarchy.
- April 14: Greece is proclaimed a Republic -- Pavlos Kountouriotis is named President, the first ever for Greece.
- May 15: Under the initiative of Panathinaikos’ general manager, Giorgos Kalafatis, the name of the club is changed from POA to PAO.
- December 17: Constantine VI is elected Patriarch of Constantinople.
- December 19: The 8-hour workday / 48-hour workweek is established in Greece.
- December 29: The Municipal Police Force is established in Athens.
- January 3: Evgenios Spatharis, master of the shadow theatre (Karagiozis).
- January 21: Telly Savalas, Greek-American actor