- 1821: Petrobey Mavromichalis declares revolution against the Turks in Areopolis.
- 1924: Panagis Tsaldaris is elected leader of the Popular Party.
- 1932: The National Theatre opens. Its first production is "Agamemnon" by Aeschylus.
- 1984: Christina Onassis weds Thierry Roussel.
- 1988: Sports fans in Larisa block the National Motorway protesting their local team's loss of four points in a doping scandal. The PASOK government will intervene and restore the four points to AE Larisa FC.
- 1995: Greek Foreign Minister, Karolos Papoulias, takes the initiative to have the embargo against Yugoslavia lifted.
- 1920: Tonis Maroudas, Elafro singer.
- 1944: Juan Ramon Veron, former Panathinaikos footballer.
- 1952: Nikos Xydakis, composer.
- 1962: Yiannis Gitsioudis, footballer.