Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1920: Greek units cross the Evros River and begin the liberation of Eastern Thrace.
- 1923: The Treaty of Lausanne is signed.
- 1924: Themistoklis Sofoulis forms a government.
- 1953: The trial of Nikos Ploumpidis - alleged to be head of illegal KKE operations in Greece - commences.
- 1974: Thousands of people welcomed Constantine Karamanlis arriving from Paris, France at Hellenikon Airport at 2:00 AM. He was sworn in as Prime Ministrer at 4:15 AM by President Phaedon Gizikis.
- 2020: Church bells throughout Greece and Cyprus toll mournfully as Turkey converts Hagia Sophia into a mosque.
- 1960: AEK lose 3-2 to Panionios on the last match day of the 1960 Football Championship. The unexpected result allows Panathinaikos to catch AEK and contest the title in a playoff game.
- 1936: Andreas Barkoulis, actor
- 1970: Elli Kokkinou, singer
- 1879: Aristotle Valaoritis, poet
- 1977: Spyridon Tetenes, diplomat, foreign minister
- 2007: Nicola Zaccaria, opera singer