Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1071: The Byzantine Empire loses its last holding in Italy after the Normans take Bari.
- 1821: Hydra joins the Greek War of Independence.
- 1914: The Greek Army completes its withdrawal from Northern Epirus to the new Greek-Albanian frontier.
- 1921: Prime Minister, Dimitrios Gounaris, arrives in Smyrna to assess first-hand the military situation in Asia Minor.
- 1992: After the death of Athens Mayor, Antonis Tritsis, Deputy Mayor Leonidas Kouris is elected to replace him.
- 2000: Spyros Kyprianou announces he is stepping down as leader of the Democratic Party of Cyprus.
- 2003: The final documents are signed in Athens for the acceptance of ten new EU members including Cyprus.
- 2006: A passenger train crashes into a truck, at a crossing near Drama, killing four people and injuring 40.
- 1986: OFI player, Alejandro Hisis, fails his doping test for the second time in his career. He avoids punishment after the intervention of Manfred Donike, head of the Cologne toxicology department.
- 2002: Panathinaikos inaugurate the first football museum in Greece.