- 1893: Sotirios Sotiropoulos forms a government.
- 1919: The Greek Army lands in Smyrna, Asia Minor.
- 1952: The School of Dentristry is established at the University of Athens, despite the objections of the Medical School professors.
- 1957: Stadiou and Akadimias become one way streets in Athens.
- 1985: Terrorist Christos Tsoutsouvis and three police officers die in a shooting exhange following a stolen motorcycle chase.
- 1990: Bazookas are stolen from the Athens War Museum by the Revolutionary Organization 17 November.
- 1924: Under the initiative of Panathinaikos’ general manager, Giorgos Kalafatis, the name of the club is changed from POA to PAO.
- 1949: In their first official match, the Greek basketball team beats Holland with 46-28, in Cairo, during the 6th European Championship.
- 1993: Aris Salonica sign Ricci Thews for only one game, the Greek Cup final against Panathinaikos (with Nikos Galis in their roster). Panathinaikos win by 96-89 in Athens.
- 2011: Olympiakos defeat Panathinaikos 74-68 to win the Greek Basketball Cup.