- 1822: Dramali Pasha begins the siege of the acropolis of Argos.
- 1930: Greeks protest the rising unemployment rate.
- 1940: Two Greek Navy auxiliary vessels - the Orion and the Hydra - are attacked by Italian aircraft off the coast of Crete.
- 1967: The Junta strips 480 persons of their Greek citizenship.
- 1994: Two bombs go off in Rhodes, thought to be the work of foreign terrorists.
- 1958: Evangelos Depastas, breaks the Greek record for the 800m with a time of 1:49.1.
- 1958: Georgios Roubanis breaks the Greek record in the pole vault with 4.60m. His record will stand for six years.
- 2006: The FIFA Emergency Committee decided to lift the suspension on the Hellenic Football Federation (HFF) on July 3 after receiving confirmation that the Greek Parliament had approved an amendment to the national legislation relating to sport.
- 2009: Greece win second place in the FIBA U19 World Basketball Championship after losing 88-80 to the USA in the final.
- 2012: The Greek Under-19 National Football Team defeat England 2-1 (aet) and advance to the final of the European Cup.