- 1822: A Greek force under Markos Botsaris defeats the Turks at the Battle of Komboti, near Arta.
- 1948: The Corinth Canal, which was rendered useless by the retreating Germans, is put into operation again.
- 1960: Athens daily "To Vima" announces it will no longer print two obsolete diacritics of the Greek language: the grave accent ("vareia") and the iota subscript ("ypogegrammeni").
- 2002: Greek police locate the main hideout of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November.
- 1952: Denmark defeat Greece 2-1 in Tampere, Finland. The man of the match was goalkeeper, Nikos Pentzaropoulos who played the game of his life to keep the score close.
- 2006: FIFA suspended the Hellenic Football Federation (HFF), European champions Greece and its member clubs, from international competition because of government interference in the sport.