Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 21: Violent race riots break out against the Greek immigrants of South Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- August 5: The Ottoman government demands that Greece condemn the Cretan revolt. The Greek government replies that its position on the matter has been "exemplary".
- August 17: The Great Powers demand that Turkey negotiates the Cretan matter only with themselves and not Greece.
- August 28: The "Military Association", under Col. Nikolaos Zorbas, demand reforms in the military. This movement would go down in history as the Goudi Revolution.
- Dionysis Kaltekis, footballer
- Amalia Fleming, activist, politician
- Stelios Kyriakidis, marathon runner