Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1799: Russians and Ottomans jointly occupy Corfu.
- 1829: The Turks surrender Vonitsa to the Greek forces of Antonios Kriezis.
- 1909: Tobacco workers in Volos stage a strike.
- 1919: Anarchy prevails in Smyrna where armed gangs roam unmolested.
- 1929: Three die in Elefsina as police clash with striking labourers.
- 1933: Panagis Tsaldaris and his anti-Venizelist allies win the national elections in Greece.
- 1950: The national elections of Greece prove inconclusive as no party gains a majority of seats in Parliament.
- 1956: "The fiend" (O Drakos) is released in cinemas throughout Greece.
- 1968: The National Route between Larisa and Thessaloniki is completed.
- 1972: Mikis Theodorakis leaves the Communist Party of Greece.
- 1970: Panachaiki FC are adjudged guilty by the Hellenic Football Association of having bribed players of Aris to play poorly against them. They forfeited the remainder of their games in the Alpha Ethniki and were relegated.
- 2000: Demosthenes Tampakos wins the gold medal in rings (9.750 points) at Moscow international meeting
- 1933: Costas Linoxilakis, footballer
- 1953: Lorenzo Serra Ferrer, football coach
- 1973: Yiannis Anastasiou, footballer