Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 379: Theodosius I is proclaimed emperor in the east.
- 1943: The "RHS Vasilissa Olga" sinks the Italian ship Stromboli off the coast of Tunisia.
- 1947: The "S.S. Chimara" sinks in the Euboic Sea. Casualties number: 400 dead, among them 200 policemen and 36 political prisoners.
- 1949: Communist forces enter Karpenisi during the Greek Civil War. They will hold it three days.
- 2010: The British Court of Appeal judges in favour of Cypriot refugee Meletis Apostolides in the case of Apostolides v Orams. Apostolides had sued Mr and Mrs Orams for illegal use of his property in Lapithos in Turkish-occupied northern Cyprus.
- 2019: Emmanouil Karalis (pole vault), Miltiadis Tentoglou (long jump) and Odysseas Mouzenidis (shot put) win gold medals at the first indoor Mediterranean Athletics U23 Championships in Miramas (France).