Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 364: Valentinian I is proclaimed Byzantine emperor.
- 1911: Serious debates take place on the matter of the Greek language. University students protest against poet Kostis Palamas' strong pro-Demotic stand.
- 1913: The Greek Army comes to control all Epirus - including Northern Epirus - during the First Balkan War.
- 1992: A bomb which is detonated by remote control injures twelve policemen and a civilian in Athens.
- 1997: 37 New Democracy MPs petition the Greek Parliament to release former dictator George Papadopoulos from jail because of ill health.
- 1906: Nikos Hatzikyriakos-Gikas, painter
- 1945: Yiannis Ioannidis, basketballplayer, basketbalcoach and politician.
- 1946: Manolis Mitsias, singer
- 1967: Rainer Rauffmann, German-Cypriot footballer