- 1917: Prince Alexander becomes King of Greece.
- 1919: The Greek Army occupies Pergamos.
- 1953: Greek workers end their 8-day general strike after the government promises salary increases ranging from 7% - 12%.
- 1958: Eight innocent, unarmed Greek Cypriot civilians, from Kondemenos village, are murdered by TMT terrorists near the village of Geunyeli.
- 1975: Greece formally requests to become a member of the EEC
- 2003: Future PM Kostas Karamanlis and his wife Natassa become proud parents of twin babies.
- 1937: Christos Mantikas breaks the Greek record for the 110m hurdles: 14.8
- 1938: Panathinaikos go ahead of Olympiakos 4-0 by the 59th minute of play but Yiannis Vazos proceeds to score 4 goals in the remaining 31 minutes to equalise.
- 1972: Bobby Moore dons Olympiakos' jersey in the Piraeus team's friendly against Brazilian side Corinthians. The England captain played the full 90 minutes.
- 1987: Greece defeat Yugoslavia 81-77 in their semifinal game of Eurobasket 1987.
- 2004: The Greek National Football Team spoil hosts' party at Euro 2004 by beating Portugal 2-1. Scorers for the Greek team are Giorgos Karagounis and Angelos Basinas (pen).
- 2010: Greece open their World Cup 2010 campaign with a disappointing 2-0 defeat at the hands of S. Korea.
- 2013: Panathinaikos defeat Olympiakos 76-72 and are crowned basketball champions of Greece. The match was interrupted 1 minute 27 seconds from time by supporters of Olympiakos who fired fireworks at the bench of Panathinaikos.