- May 14: The Bank of Greece begins operations under director Alexandros Diomedes.
- May 24: The 1928 Football Championship kicks off with Aris defeating Atromitos 3-1 in Athens.
- May 26: A moving picture is shown for the first time in Athens.
- June 23: Angelos Lambrou breaks the Greek record in the 100m with 11.0.
- June 24: Aris defeat Ethnikos Piraeus 3-1 to clinch the first football championship in Greek history.
- July 5: Eleftherios Venizelos' Laiko Komma win 178 (of 250) parliamentary seats in the national elections.
- November 4: Legendary goalkeeper Achilleas Grammatikopoulos debuts for Olympiakos. Grammatikopoulos will remain Olympiakos' keeper until 1944.
- November 6: Greece acknowledges Albania's rule over Northern Epirus
- December 10: John Colicos, Greek-Canadian actor.
- December 23: Chronis Aidonidis, folklore singer, born in Karoti, Evros
- Stephanos Skouloudis, politician, Prime Minister