Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1841: Cretans revolt against Ottoman rule.
- 1897: Cretans battle against Turks in Ierapetra.
- 1935: The trial of a bandit and several high officials of the Police force over the 1933 assassination attempt on Venizelos' life begins.
- 1943: Students strike in occupied Athens.
- 1959: The British release all political prisoners in Cyprus.
- 2004: Archbishop Christodoulos calls the Annan Plan "anti-Greek" and claims it will lead to the de-hellenisation of Cyprus.
- 2000: Panathinaikos qualify for women's European Volleyball Cup final four for the second time in their history after beating Sherkashi 3-0
- 2009: Panathinaikos win the Greek Basketball Cup for the fifth year running by defeating Olympiakos 80-70.
- 2012: Kostas Douvalidis breaks the Greek record for the 60m hurdles with 7.63.
- 1922: Apostolos Santas, member of the Greek Resistance who lowered the swastika from the Acropolis, Athens.
- 1928: Grigoris Afxentiou, hero of the EOKA struggle.
- 1982: Dimitris Binazis, singer