- 1827: The Greek garrison at the Acropolis, Athens surrenders to the Turks of Kutahye.
- 1881: Thessaly and Arta are ceded to Greece.
- 1902: Athens Mayor Spiros Mercouris is injured as the horses of his carriage go wild.
- 1955: EOKA attempt to assassinated Cyprus governor Robert Armitage. The bomb explodes after his departure from the theatre.
- 1961: Cyprus is admitted into the Council of Europe.
- 1981: Cyprus holds its fourth parliamentary elections.
- 1989: Manolis Glezos goes on hunger strike outside the offices of ERT, protesting its unequal treatment of the Greek political parties.
- 1928: The 1928 Football Championship kicks off with Aris defeating Atromitos 3-1 in Athens.
- 1964: Panathinaikos defeat Olympiakos 1-0, thanks to a Vangelis Panakis header, to finish the season undefeated - the only Greek side to do so in the history of the Alpha Ethniki.
- 1992: Olympiakos defeat PAOK (2-1) in Toumba Stadium for the first time in 22 years.
- 1998: Panathinaikos win their first Greek championship in 14 years by defeating PAOK 68-58 in the playoffs. After this game PAOK star Predrag Stojakovic moves to the Sacramento Kings becoming the first Greek to play in NBA.