Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 1: The Ministry of the Military orders confiscated all copies of the translated Bible in Greece. The row over the translation of the Bible into modern Greek is known in history as "The Evangelical events" (Ta Evangelika).
- May 8: Alexandros Touferis breaks the Greek record in the high jump at 1.60m.
- May 23: Chrysostom (later of Smyrna) was appointed Bishop of Drama
- May 24: Athens Mayor Spiros Mercouris is injured as the horses of his carriage go wild.
- October 15: German archaeologist, Rudolf Herzog, announces he has found the ancient Asklepieion on the island of Kos.
- November 4: Theocletus I is ordained Archbishop of Athens and all Greece.
- November 17: In the Greek national elections, Theodoros Deligiannis and Georgios Theotokis each elect 102 MPs to the Hellenic Parliament leading to political instability over the next few years.
- December 13: Panagiotis Kanellopoulos, politician, Prime Minister
- December 31: Nikos Ploumbidis, communist leader