- 1902: Chrysostom (later of Smyrna) was appointed Bishop of Drama
- 1910: A hail storm in Domokos, Phthiotis prefecture, destroys several roof tops, kills many animals and causes over 1,000,000 drachmas of damages (a considerable amount in those days).
- 1955: The Greek air squadron that participated in the Korean War returns to Greece.
- 1961: Ten men are put on trial in Thessaloniki charged with spying on behalf of Bulgaria.
- 1973: The Greek military vessel "Velos" sails to Italy where its crew seeks political asylum from the military Junta that rules Greece.
- 1986: The Greek Central Intelligence Agency (KYP) is renamed National Intelligence Agency (EYP).
- 2006: Two F-16 fighter jets, one Greek and the other Turkish, collide in mid-air over international waters in the southern Aegean Sea. The Greek F-16 had been dispatched to intercept the Turkish jet because it had violated Greek airspace, according to the Greek Defense Ministry. The Turkish pilot ejected safely and was picked up by a merchant ship, while the Greek airman (Costas Eliakis) went missing despite a major rescue effort.
- 1893: Ethnikos Gymnastic Club, an Athenian athletic club, is founded by 12 Panellinios' members who disagree with president Ioannis Fokianos' policy.
- 1976: After defeating Ethnikos Piraeus 4-0 away, PAOK win their first ever football championship.
- 1998: Olympiakos lose to Ferencvaros in the Waterpolo European Cup double final.
- 1999: Paniliakos striker Giorgos Papandreou became the second outfield player in Greek football history (after Theofilos Vernezis of AEK in the 60s) who had to play an entire match as goalkeeper in a game against Aris Salonica.
- 2004: Panathinaikos put an end to Olympiakos 7-year reign in the Greek league after their 1-0 win over Paniliakos. The green team, which had already conquered the Greek Cup with a 3-1 win over Olympiakos, completed a memorable domestic double.
- 1925: Georges Sarri, actress
- 1951: Antonis Samaras, politician
- 1958: Yiannis Valaoras, footballer
- 1980: Theofanis Gekas, footballer