Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: The Turks execute Archbishop Gerasimos of Crete in retaliation for the breakout of the Greek War of Independence on the island.
- 1922: Alexandros Papanastasiou is sentenced to three years imprisonment for publishing his "Democratic Manifesto". His defence lawyer had been Georgios Papandreou.
- 1964: PM Georgios Papandreou meets US President Lyndon B. Johnson in the White House.
- 1928: Angelos Lambrou breaks the Greek record in the 100m with 11.0.
- 1963: AEK celebrate their first post-World War II championship as they draw 3-3 with Panathinaikos in a playoff game. Mimis Papaioannou (2) and Kostas Nestoridis score for the champions (the latter directly from a corner kick).